The 460-Room Hotel, Element Philadelphia, features a range of wellness-inspired amenities, just in time for summer. Element Philadelphia, part of Marriott Bonvoy, developed by Conshohoken-based Chestlen was designed with a focus on sustainability and well-being, ideal for families and business travelers who want to maintain a balanced lifestyle while on the road.
“Bringing the Element brand to Philadelphia was a strategic decision to appeal to the wellness-minded modern traveler, who is looking for self-sufficiency, more space to recharge, and amenities that align with their lifestyle,” stated Edward Baten.
Element is proud to be green from the ground up and has built a smarter, better place to stay. This approach is seen throughout Element Philadelphia, the brand’s largest property globally. The sunlit Sky Lobby offers open seating for work and relaxation, and a range of safe, socially distanced amenities for guests to utilize.
Food and beverage prioritizes fresh, healthy ingredients. The gourmet pantry features products from local producers and digital recipes and meal ideas, which will be accessible in-room QR codes, featuring fresh, local ingredients that can be picked up at iconic neighborhood markets such as Di Bruno Brothers and Reading Terminal Market.
Besides the Motion Fitness Center, Element Philadelphia features a Bikes to Borrow program to help guests experience the city’s history, art or nearby bike trails. Element’s pet-friendly program includes a signature dog bed, treats, water bowls, and eco-friendly clean-up supplies for travelers visiting with pets. The signature Westin Heavenly® beds and spa-inspired bathrooms feature rain showers designed to infuse a sense of calm.
Element Philadelphia’s design team pioneered eco-friendly, sustainable design that improves hotel air quality, minimizes pollutants and chemicals, and gives guests ample access to natural light, resulting in a cleaner, healthier environment. The hotel also integrates eco-friendly materials and practices into its design in a variety of ways, including:
- Electric vehicle charging stations
- Guestrooms featuring carpets with up to 100% recycled content
- Wall art mounted on a base made from recycled tires
- Walls featuring low-VOC (volatile organic compounds) paints
- Bathrooms featuring low-flow faucets and fixtures
- Silverware and glassware provided, minimizing single-use plastics and disposable waste
- Recycling is made easy with bins in every guestroom and throughout public spaces
- Filtered water is available in all guestrooms and in the public spaces through a dispenser unit
- Element Philadelphia uses only 100% recycled postconsumer wastepaper for all printing and stationery needs
Guests of Element Philadelphia can travel with confidence with services adapted for COVID-19, adhering to Marriott’s Commitment to Clean standards throughout their stay, including contactless check-in, social distancing, increased cleanliness protocols and new UV-light cleaning technologies. The Marriott Cleanliness Council has redefined cleaning and safety standards.
441 Chestnut Street, Philadelphia, PA 19102.
For more information, go to www.elementphiladelphia.com