Often called the “Human Diet”, a Paleo movement can best be classified as a way of eating wholesome meals that are gluten-free — in other words, low carb and free of grains — along with meat, fruits and vegetables. Despite its promotion of whole foods, the healthy lifestyle plan is by no means a short-term crash course in cutting calories. In fact, even the heartiest eater will experience total satiation by trading extra-processed foods, like carbohydrates, for meals prepared with delicious (as in, super delicious) ingredients free of weight-gaining additives.
Chocolate Chip Caramel Paleo Pancakes Recipe – Gluten and Dairy Free
1 cup Cashew Meal
1/2 cup almond milk (if you are sensitive to almonds, substitute coconut milk)
Enjoy Life gluten free chocolate chips
3 tbsp Pure Vanilla extract
1 tbsp Ground Cinnamon
2 tbsp Cacao Powder
3 tbsp Ghee (clarified butter)
1/3 cup Coconut Sugar
1. Mix cashew meal, eggs, almond or coconut milk, 2 tbsp vanilla extract, cacao, and cinnamon in bowl until all ingredients evenly mixed (if too thick add more almond milk, if too thin add more cashew meal).
2. Heat a skillet over medium heat, coat pan with a little ghee (you have to repeat this for each pancake, so just use enough ghee to coat the saucepan).
3. Pour pancake mixture into skillet until base of skillet is coated.
4. Immediately add Enjoy Life Chips while bottom is cooking but top side is still raw.
5. When bubbles start to form (about two minutes in), flip pancake and press firmly down to make sure there is no raw mix in the middle.
6. Remove from skillet, top with caramel, and repeat.
7. Serve with turkey bacon (optional)
1. Blend Coconut sugar in a magic bullet or blender until sugar is in powder form
2. Mix one tbsp vanilla extract until sauce is formed. If still too thick add 1/4 tsp vanilla extract until desired thickness occurs. (This is a very strong sauce that can easily be overpowering if you add too much vanilla).