Cometh the Halloween and we begin collecting sweets for the kids. Although one common thing among all the treats, irrespective of the kind, is that they are loaded with sugar. Since we ourselves maintain diets and avoid sugar on a daily basis, it is only fair that we don’t let the kids eat so many sweets as well. If you come to think of it, Halloween treats do not always have to unhealthy. There are bundles of ways you can prepare them so that are nutritious and delicious at the same time. Read on to know more about the healthy Halloween treats you can give to the kids that they will love.
Coconut-dark chocolate bark
This treat requires dark chocolate, unsweetened coconut powder, and nuts as the ingredients. One of the easy-to-prepare treats, it takes only 10 minutes to turn into a delicious yet healthy preparation.
To begin with-
- Melt a slab of dark chocolate and spread it on a baking sheet.
- Add the coconut shred and nuts to it.
- Put the baking sheet into the fridge for 1 hour and this treat is ready to serve.
Pizzas don’t always have to be unhealthy. With the right ingredients, you can prepare a wholesome meal for yourself.
You will need:
- a whole wheat pizza base
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- low-fat mozzarella cheese, and
- toppings as you wish.
To prepare the dish, preheat the oven at 350 degrees F.
Spread the pizza sauce on the base, cut the cheese into the small shapes of ghosts and put the prepared base into an oven.
It will be ready to serve within 10 minutes.
The idea here is to prepare a vegetable salad that looks like a skeleton.
- Begin by placing a celery stick as the neck and freshly cut carrots as arms.
- Further, cut cucumbers and place them for the spine.
- You can use olives, mushrooms, and pea pods to make up for the eyes, hips, and legs respectively.
This dish shall be loaded with nutrients, vitamin, and minerals. Serve it with the hummus or herby white bean dip to enhance the deliciousness.
Kids tend to associate broomsticks with witches, especially the ones who love horror movies. This preparation will bring forth the creativity in you.
- You will need low-fat mozzarella cheese and pretzel sticks to assemble the dish.
- Start by cutting small pieces of cheese into the shape of the front half of the broom. You can do this by using the knife to cut the cheese into thirds.
- Further, stick the pretzel sticks into the cubes of cheese so to make it look like a real broomstick
This protein snack shall look scary yet remain nutritious and sumptuous to eat.
- The ingredients you will need are celery sticks, natural peanut butter, and plastic spiders.
- Take a celery stick and slice it crosswise.
- Fill the stick with peanut butter and place the plastic spiders on it to give it a chilling look.
Remember not to forget to remove the spiders when the kids munch on them.
Spider pretzel web
This snack is quite easy to prepare and comes with the goodness of pretzels and white chocolate.
- Take some melted chocolate and stick pretzel sticks to it to make a starburst shape.
- Drizzle the chocolate around on the sticks in order to bring about a web a pattern.
- In the center, you can add some nuts, raisins and dark chocolate chips to add the taste quotient to this sumptuous snack.
All you need to prepare this dish are bananas, white candy melts, coconut shreds and the popsicle sticks.
- Take a banana and cut it a bit from the lower side of it and insert a popsicle stick into it.
- Dip the banana into the melted candy and immediately add the coconut shreds to it.
- You can also add raisins to the candy melts to enhance the taste.
- Place the preparation on a waxed paper till it hardens and you the snack is ready to serve.
This snack is about the unusual yet fascinating combination of apples and dark chocolates.
- Take an apple and cut its stem area from the top.
- Put a stick into it and dip the apple into the dark chocolate sauce.
- Make sure the chocolate does not go within the insides of the apple.
- Put this preparation into the freezer for at least 45 minutes.
Treat this to the kids along with white choco chips.
You can give your chip-and-dip routine by making some modification.
- Take some carrots and cut them into the shape of coins to start with.
- Add a toothpick to each coin and insert a parsley leaf onto it to place it over the carrot.
- Now, spread the hummus dip on dishware and put the carrot coins on it.
Serve it to kids for a wholesome experience.
Kids don’t mandatorily need to be fed with treats laced with sugar, trans fat, and salt. There are a number of treats you can give to the kids this Halloween, which are sumptuous and full with nutrients at the same time. Prepare these snacks with ease and witness the kids love them.
Author Bio Jessica is an avid reader who enjoys getting lost in the world of books. She co-authored Supercharge Organic Traffic: A popular course focusing on Organic Traffic for E commerce. Holding on to her passionfor fitness, She Believes that a healthy diet is a key to healthy living.